It is often difficult to find a quality plumber and it’s relatively easy to say you are a plumber or can fix plumbing issues. We work with clients in Mesa, Az that have worked with a shoddy plumbing tech from an unlicensed company and need someone to fix their work. Then you have the plumbing companies that are marketers rather than plumbers and focus solely on getting the job but don’t stick around long enough to do it right. Those are the guys that play the numbers game rather then building a quality business.
Understanding the plumbing system is essential for the people. There is prevention from clogs to the draining system. Learning about the services is essential to have a pleasant experience. The repairing of the issues is through the skills and intelligence of the plumbers.
Here are the few steps to ensure you have a quality plumbing company:
- Make sure they are licensed! This can come with the simple question of asking them that they are licensed. If they answer yes and it turns out they are not, you will have full legal recourse no matter how the job turns out.
- Find their online reputation. Many companies these days have a yelp profile, a Facebook page, or Google + ratings. There you can see how their customers rate them and how they interact with those ratings, whether or not they try to legitimately make things better and solve the problem or not. If you use their online reputation to influence your decision, it is good etiquette to leave them a review after they perform service for you.
- Check how long they have been in business. It will tell you a few things about a company that has been in business for 5+ years vs one that has only been plumbing for a year or two.
- Keep them honest. This means get another quote on the job to make sure their pricing is legitimate. This will also ensure they aren’t missing any problems. Make sure the quotes are apples to apples and don’t just pick the cheapest one. The main thing we have learned as a company is you get what you pay for.
- Check if they have any guarantee’s available. A guarantee on service is essential because it tells you that they take pride in their work and stand by it.
- Over the phone pricing is not always the best. It is better to pay a quality plumber to come out and quote your problem than getting the price over the phone. Mainly because if you force the plumber into a quote and the job required more, you are going to put him in a bad spot to provide you with substandard service. This is a trick situation to get past but the only thing we try to do with our customers is be fair and accurate with the job. Sometimes we under quote jobs due to a mistake. It happens. Now we try our best to work with clients on those mistakes and make it a win-win for all parties. Just understand from your plumbers perspective.
- Get a fixed quote from your plumber. That way they will know exactly what they are doing and it usually works best for both parties. If the plumber wants to work on an hourly rate, you will possibly get hosed.
- Ask your friends and family for referrals. Most people know someone that is a plumber and can give you a contact for someone they trust. Plus, when someone is referred to us, we can’t help but take extra care of them to protect that referral source.
- Check with other repairmen/professionals. Most AC Guys, Roofers, or electricians have good plumbing connections that they trust. If you ask them, they will be glad to recommend someone because it helps their business to refer you, because that plumbing company will likely pay back the referral.