Are you also a fan of Chinese food and have not been able to have in recent times because of the pandemic and lockdown happening everywhere? Worse not, this guide has got you covered where you will be given a quick, simple, and delicious Chinese sort of stir-fried cabbage recipe. And because it has been so long that you have not had any Chinese food style, not many people can cook it at home, so they need to go out to the Chinese restaurant. So, it is understood that you would not like to wait for too long.
Keeping this thing in mind, this very recipe does not take much of your time as it only takes about 10 min to prepare other than some of the chopping time. This can easily be served to anyone with anything as the side thing in your meal. Also, it goes pretty well in wraps, sandwiches, or even with tortilla or a bowl of plain rice. A few individuals also prepare alongside tortillas for their lunch box. Why? Because it is pretty simple and easy to make and is full of flavors, right from fresh veggies to olive oil. You present it to anyone, and they will love it.
This fried cabbage recipe is amongst several individual’s favorites at home & they love to consume it in their wraps, Kathi rolls, and sandwiches. However, if you wish to experiment, you may add some of the other veggies alongside cabbage, such as carrots, beans, bell peppers, and broccoli.
And if you are a fond lover of eggs, you may also incorporate beaten eggs to perk up that nutrition level.
Here, You Go
So let’s get started with this simple and quick recipe. As mentioned, you all have a Chinese item, i.e., a stir-fried cabbage with chili pepper and Sichuan.
Swift frying in the wok makes the cabbage crusty, however, gentle from the inside simultaneously. It will turn out pretty juicy and a bit of sour-sweet, with that citrus flavor. Now one may question, why? Well, because of the presence of Sichuan pepper. The red-hot wok leaves the frying marks on cabbage slices, adding the smoky flavor.
This very dish could be a suitable snack for a person or two or a fine side dish as mentioned initially in this guide for the main course. And when you serve this with rice or tortilla, it will be an excellent lunch.
Things You Require to Cook the Chinese Style Fried Cabbage
- A small cabbage
- 1 tbsp of the Sichuan pepper
- 1 to 2 chili peppers
- 1 tbsp of the soy sauce
- olive oil or any vegetable oil for the frying purpose
- Wok (i.e., highly preferable)
Step by step procedure to Make a Chinese Fried Cabbage
- Cut the cabbage in half head and take off that outer leaves.
- Now, go on to chop the basis.
- Proceed to cut the halves into the quarters, now remove that inner leaves (& put them aside).
- Slice the cabbage at a lower angle into 1 to 1.5 cm pieces.
- Perform the same thing with the other part and the inner leaves.
- Now, you need to heat about 1 tsp of olive oil in the wok. Add about 1 tbsp of the Sichuan pepper (if you don’t have it, skip this step) and cook until the time it turns black.
- Catch the pepper with the spatula and leave the olive oil. Put about 1 to 2 small chili peppers into the wok (you can also use dried ones). When you happen to like hotter, you can cut each of them into several parts and then fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and continually stirring cook on a lower flame for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now you may lower the flame to medium fire and add a tbsp of the soy sauce. Then, cook for a minute, continually stirring, till the sauce is equally spread on the whole cabbage.
- Finally, put on a big plate or the serving ones, finish with a dash of chili pepper, and you are good to serve.
Well, that’s all for the recipe of Chinese style fried cabbage recipe. Give it a try and see how it goes. If you like it, don’t forget to surprise your dear ones.